Friday, March 4, 2011

Full Term




I'm 37 weeks! Through many conversations between Owen I, he has been made well aware that he can come out anytime because we are so ready for him! I was thinking about all the things I love about being pregnant and tried to think about things that I dislike, but I could only come up with one - Leg cramps awful awful leg cramps. Really I can't complain about anything. My pregnancy has been a breeze and I'm still not uncomfortable. So here are all the things that I really enjoy about pregnancy:

- I love his kicks and rolls
- I love when my husband comes to bed at night after studying or doing homework and he puts his hand on my belly and the baby just goes kicking crazy! I don't know if he can feel the temperature change from his hand or what, but it always wakes me up and I always have to laugh. Greg will push back and then Owen will kick again -it's like they play through a little barrier- it's so sweet.
- I love all of my body changes and even my waddle walk haha it's all just proof of motherhood
- I love that Greg reads him stories and he responds to his voice by moving
- I love that Greg constantly thinks about being a good father
- I love that it has made me want to be a better a person in order to be a good example
- I love being able to hear his little heart beat - his sound of life
- I love that I have a slightly greater idea of how much God loves us (I don't know if I'll ever fully comprehend that love) by giving us his son because I don't know if I could give my son to people who would in turn make him suffer in many different ways.
- I love that pregnancy is an act of Gods love and proof that he exists- he never ceases to give miracles
- I love that when I exercise I have more motivation because I feel like it's more purposeful- it's not only helping me but my baby and his life line (placenta) as well. It increases blood flow through the placenta in case anyone cares...
- I love that it has given me even more hope and knowledge that it is possible to go through trials, overcome them, and receive great blessings even when you think it's not possible you'll ever heal.

Side note- I always thought body pillows were pointless so I never bought one, but I put a throw pillow under my belly when I was going to sleep and it takes so much weight off when I lay on my sides...I think I finally understand the purpose of the body pillow, but throw pillows work beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to meet him. You guys will be the best parents he could ever ask for:)

    ReplyDelete