Monday, March 7, 2011

Homemade Ice cream Sandwiches and dilating? You betcha!


I had my 37 week appointment today and I am 1cm dilated, 70% effaced, and the baby is at -1 station. I know as well as many know people can be dilated to 1cm forever before going into labor, but my doc said, "it's rare for a first time mom to have as much progression as you, but if I were a gambling man in Vegas I would bet that you will still be pregnant next week." haha... I just don't want to go over my due date other than that I don't care when he comes. I lost 1/2 of a pound this past week as well, but apparently that's normal. YAY for some progress even if it's only 1cm!

For our FHE dessert I made homemade ice cream sandwiches and they were yummy :o) Feast your purty eyes on them or make them either one.


Directions: 1 cake mix- devils food or I personally love the chocolate fudge
3/4 butter, softened
2 eggs
preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Place in refrigerator to let it get more solid and less sticky. Roll into balls-which I just spoon some up and plop them down- place them on a greased baking sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes. When cool add some vanilla ice cream..I prefer Vanilla Bean but you may like strawberry or chocolate or mint or any other kind that is equally delish. THE END.

I also cut my own hair again today...I wanted more layers and I had time before my appointment so I went to town.

And a slight to the side shot to get a better look at the layering

4 comments:

  1. Those ice cream sandwiches look SO GOOD! I am for sure going to make them...when it gets a little bit warmer outside. I will freeze eating one right now! Love the layering. Is there anything you CAN'T do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat ice cream everyday haha! Oh Joey I'm no pro that's for sure Greg always has to make it straight for me in the back haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are AWESOME! Lacey. Those ice cream sandwiches look yummy and you still lose half a pound? Wish I had that problem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a little while longer and you will get to meet little Owen. It's funny how when someone I know is going to have a baby it gives mr baby fever. Don't worry though. I would be scared to cut my hair. Other than bangs of course.

    ReplyDelete