Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Deliciousness


One day Greg said, "we should celebrate things more." So Greg and I made green flower sugar cookies with homemade butter cream icing for our FHE dessert yesterday not necessarily to celebrate St. Patricks day but because it's this week and it's a good reason to eat something sweet and yummy. Today I looked up why there is even a St. Patrick's day and Greg and I are clearly not Irish or Catholic but it was fun making green flowers with green icing and sprinkles...I didn't have a clover cookie cut out in my box of 200 cookie cutters, but I did have about 5 different flowers so I used the one that looked most like a clover. I really just want to share my butter cream icing recipe because it's sooooo yummy!!!

Butter Cream icing: 1/2 C butter
1/3 C boiling water
4 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Boil the water. Melt the butter over medium heat until nut brown. Remove butter from hear add the water, powdered sugar and vanilla to the butter. Stir stir stir and then ice! It's better to ice things right after you make it because it hardens up and is difficult to spread after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment