Friday, March 18, 2011

False Alarm

So today I thought my amniotic sack may have torn a bit, but sadly, I was wrong.

I was at work at about 8am and I was just sitting there charting and all the sudden I felt this warm wet feeling and I immediately stopped what I was doing and ran to the bathroom. My Garments were definitely wet, so I waited a couple hours before calling my Doc because I kept thinking about how my water broke last time I was pregnant and I literally heard a pop and it ran all down my leg, so this couldn't be it....but then I kept thinking if it is and I don't go then I could get an infection. I finally decided to call my Doc and he said to just go get checked because that very well could be possible.

I waited until my surgery cases were finished because I wasn't having bad contractions and they were anywhere from 10-20 minutes apart and not painful, so I wasn't all that concerned. Finally I left work and went to Utah Valley and they hooked me up to monitors and gave me a swab with their paper deal and unfortunately it did not turn bright blue which would mean positive for Amniotic Fluid. I said, "I know I didn't pee my pants, so what else could it be?" She said, "It could just be discharge, or you could have leaked a little and then your baby moved and plugged the hole." Well, that would be very watery discharge and if my little one is plugging the whole, he needs to move :o)

The nurse checked me and said the baby is in a good position and that I am "70%-80% effaced" which I already knew I was 70 so I was hoping she would say something bigger than that. HA. She also said that I am having very regular contractions, but my doc wanted me to go home and come back when they are painful, which they are not and have slowed down.. gggrrrr.

So I am still very much pregnant and very much not wanting to be, as much as I do love it I just want my little boy to love on.

Nevertheless, it was fun to hear his heartbeat and hiccups for a while :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment