Wednesday, July 27, 2011

quiet book page 1 is doneville!

I just finished one of the first pages! Thanks to very long surgeries at work I had time to sew!
I had a grand idea that backfired so I had to sew around the body of the lion about 5657678 times because I kept screwing it up, so the final product isn't perfect, but I'm real sick of taking out stitches and I'm pretty sure my sewing machine is tired. I did all the letters by hand with regular needle and thread because I'm not sure how to do that with my sewing machine. Someone at work said that embroidery thread is thicker and goes faster, so I will try that next time but really it only took a couple hours to do all the letters. and I decided I want to put all the activities on white fabric.
Here she is..



it says, "I won't complain if you braid my tail or feel my mane." Greg's job is to come up with the sayings and cut out my 12x12 squares :o)


2 comments:

  1. definitely use embroidery thread. I completely hand sewed one quiet book two years ago, and it's much better. Embroidery thread is actually 6 pieces of thread wrapped together, which is usually too thick for whatever I want to do, so I split it three times- using two strands only for my hand embroidery. super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! Thanks for the tip! I wondered if it would be too thick for the muslin

    ReplyDelete