Thursday, July 21, 2011

just a thought or two

Those of you who have children may be able to relate to this post and even if you don't you may be able to relate in some other way.
I was thinking the other day about when i was pregnant, and even before pregnancy,  i knew i would love my babies, but i just didn't know how much i would love them. 
even though I only got to see my first baby for about 5 minutes before they took him, i fell in love with him hard and fast. when Evan came along I had a little better idea about how much i would love him. 
i was talking to someone not too long ago about one of their family members and how this family members parents are doing so much for them even though it's hurting the parents, but they do it because they love them no matter what it costs them.
Sometimes, I'm in that same situation except on a smaller scale.
Those who know me, know that I am a workout-a-holic and i am a water-a-holic too. since i have gone back to work i have felt really guilty about working out when i get home because that's more time away from evan, so i haven't been. in fact, i forget to eat or drink water a lot. i have been sacrificing my health for the sake of my child because i don't want him to get the short end of the stick.
but that's no good, because if i'm not healthy how can i take care of him?
my resolution? well i have taken my dumbbell to work so in long cases or when i can, i lift and my goal is to get up at 4am instead of 4:45am and do cardio, so evan is only effected in positive way...he has a healthy momma without losing time with her! as far a eating and drinking, I just need to remember!
...
one more thought.
I was thinking about teaching my children with love and what exactly means and I thought about how Lehi "exhorts tender heartedly" to Laman and Lemuel about staying on the Straight and Narrow Path, basically giving his testimony of the goodness of God, I like HOW he talks to them. He didn't scorn them or belittle them or even remotely try to force them to live righteously he just expressed his concern and told them why and how he knows the Gospel is true. I think as a parent I need to be the same way. My children will always have their agency, so getting angry and yelling and making a big scene when they do something I disapprove of won't help anything, if anything it will make it worse. I have faith that if Greg and I are good examples and we live righteously and we bear our testimonies to them often even if we do it subtly, they will in turn live righteously as well..not without bumps in the road I'm sure, but ultimately they will follow the Lord.

Evan loves his feet


and his momma..
Just because this smile melts me..



2 comments:

  1. He is getting so big. He is so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! He's growing way too fast! Almost time for another :o) haha

    ReplyDelete