Monday, April 4, 2011

I was not prepared for such awesomeness

Everyone tells you how hard being a mom is, but no one tells you how stinkin' awesome it is! I love this! During labor I told Greg we were adopting the rest of our kids unless he wants to give birth haha. I have since changed my mind... I want to do this all over again, not anytime too soon, but there are no words that can express the love I have for this baby and the way it makes me feel seeing Greg and him together. This little baby pretty much lives with a camera in his face. Greg loves taking video's of him and I love snapping pictures, so hopefully he will learn to love it early. He's eating so much more now I think it's because my milk finally came in and he has finally gotten the hang of the whole nursing deal.

My husband is so amazing at being a dad and husband. Last night I was so exhausted and Evan had peed up through his diaper and we had to change the crib sheet and of course all of his clothes. Greg made me stay in bed so he could do all of it and then Evan was hungry, but I had pumped earlier that day and froze the milk, so Greg went and fed him too. I was thankful for that because I could barely keep my eyes open. He's just doing so wonderful and has taken on this role full force and with excitement. I've fallen in love with him all over again, so he's got a lot of love from this girl haha. Anyway here are some pics from the past few days.

Evan's sponge bath...we will actually be able to give him a real bath as soon as his circumcision heals and his cord falls off.

Evan has been a feet crosser since the womb...
My sweet family..




He is constantly putting his lips in an O shape...it's so funny.












3 comments:

  1. I like the feet crossing. He looks very "at peace" like a yoga master. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely amazing how much more you love your spouse watching them with your children. its a miracle! And its amazing how much you can love that little baby so fast...its like your heart may burst. Its amazing! its the most amazing thing in the world. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is amazing. Sometimes I just look at Evan or Evan and Greg together and I will just want to cry because I have sooo much love that I seriously never knew was even possible. Seriously, as soon as he came out and I saw his face when the doc held him up, I lost it and fell completely in love. It's wonderful. Families are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete