Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter and a little of Evan

Easter is never the same for me here as it is back home. I am so grateful that Greg's Grandma gives us a place to go for the holidays when we don't go home and the dinner she makes, which I am sure is no easy task for her. I will always be partial to my Grandma Whaley's dinners because I'm pretty sure Betty Crocker doesn't even compare to my Grandma's deliciousness. I miss my family so much on holidays and it's really hard to actually have any holiday spirit. I do love spending them with my husband, but I miss the hustle and bustle and pure chaos of my giant family dinners back home.

Although I don't get as excited about holidays I did enjoy reflecting on the Resurrection of our Savior and what it means for us. Greg and I read scriptures together and with Evan about the Resurrection and had a discussion about it, so it made me be a little more grateful and to really appreciate the holiday and focus on the true meaning and not just the family gathering and it made me get out of my little holiday rut.

The bunny cake I learned to make from my Grandma that I now make every year :o)

Evan is going to see the doctor tomorrow because he spits up A LOT! I wasn't too concerned about it until Monday.  I was feeding him and while I was feeding him he threw up all over me...not spit up...it was definitely more than that. But I know babies can do that from time to time so I just figured I would watch him and make sure he didn't do again. He didn't until today. He's been spitting up like crazy too. I called the Doctor and since he's still having lots of wet diapers we are going to have him see the doctor tomorrow because his doctor isn't in today. While I was feeding him today he spit up 3 times in the middle of the feed and then after he was done he spit up 4 more times. I only counted that time so I could give the doctors office a little more info, so they know what I mean about him doing it a lot. Other than that he's great!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that's totally normal. He might not agree with something you ate or drank. Hopefully it's nothing big. He sure is getting cuter and cuter every new picture that you post. When are you guys coming to Ohio for a visit.??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was normal too, but 7 times in an hour? Isn't that a lot? I'm a little over protective, so I'm taking him today just to be sure haha. I have no idea when I'll be in Ohio. Greg is coming in June for a deal with a company he wants to work for, but I won't be able to go...we are going to Myrtle Beach in July and I need to save PTO hours:o(

    ReplyDelete