Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby blues?

Gotta love hormones. Sometimes I just want to cry. Last night was one of those nights which may have been a mixture of my hormones and the fact that my parents left yesterday afternoon. So, I cried. Greg asked me if I was worried about something and I said, "yes, everything." and of course we talked about it all and he's always so wonderful at making me feel better. Last night my worry was about Evan getting enough when he breastfeeds. I know he is, so I have no idea why I was so upset...oh wait, hormones. He's gaining weight well and when he's done eating I lay him in front of me to see if he continues his feeding cues and usually he stretches his arms over his head and looks really relaxed, but yesterday he was having a weird day. He doesn't normally cry unless he needs something, but yesterday he cried so much and I felt so helpless. I had done everything I could think of and then I read that at 2 weeks babies start to cry more...purple crying. It was seriously the worse feeling in the world seeing him like that. I wanted to make him better but I couldn't and it broke my heart. His little cry is just so sweet and innocent and every time I hear it I could cry right with him because it's just so sad. Anyway, he's better today and how could I not be every time I see this face?


 
 







3 comments:

  1. And... you look like you were never pregnant. Please tell me you're sucking in.... haha....

    It takes a while to "learn" babies. I'm a pediatric nurse... and I thought I'd have it down.... but I didn't... you'll get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks monica! I couldn't do peds, you are a brave soul.

    ReplyDelete