Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Who knew bodily fluids would be so comical?

One thing I was not expecting about having a baby is having hard laughs about being peed on, pooped, and spit up on.

When Evan was about 3 weeks old I was changing Evan and Greg was sitting next to me and bent down to talk to Evan but just as he bent down/over to talk to Evan, he started peeing and nearly got him right in the face. Greg jumped back faster than I've ever seen him move and we laughed so hard. There have been many pee incidences with this child...when the diaper is off the water flows and there really isn't much to do about it except duck because usually it's such a panic to cover it, it's hard to figure out what to grab to cover it..haha

Maybe a week after the near pee in the face event I was changing Evan at like 2am in our bed and he decided that while his diaper was off it would be the perfect time to have an explosive poo. Needless to say we had to change the sheets and my clothes, but we laughed the whole time...the kind of laughter that you can't breathe through and your stomach hurts afterward.

Just today Greg was burping Evan while I was fixing dinner and Evan had a cute little burp and then lots of spit up and I heard Greg say, "oh gosh, Lacey can you hand me a burp rag?" I went over and gave him one and then saw what had happened and I lost it and then Greg lost it, so we had to take a picture! It was only the second time Greg had been spit up on...I'm not sure why Ev saves it all for me...

It's always funny to look at Evan after these things occur because he's all sorts of content and relieved.

picture from today's spit up...
On a more somber note... Our neighbors moved out today :o( They were AMAZING neighbors! I didn't think it would affect me this much until I thought, "I may never see Sarah again!" We will forever compare all of our neighbors to them. We were able to borrow random things from one another when one of us didn't have something, which usually turned out to be some baking need and it was usually a Sunday when we needed it and well, we don't buy things on Sundays, so we had awesome neighbors that would share! we were able to help each other out a lot and share delicious treats with one another. Sarah was such a good friend. I was able to ask her all sorts of questions when Evan was born since she is a mother of 3 young ones. They were always so generous and sweet we will miss them so much! I feel like our whole Apartment complex is changing which means our whole ward is nearly changing. I have to think positively and know that we are going to meet even more new people and make more friends and memories by all this change. It's just hard to see some of them go.

2 comments:

  1. These made me laugh! Explosive poo only seems to happen when you're changing them on the bed. Levi got it all over Tim's pillow once.

    ReplyDelete