Friday, May 6, 2011

Family Time

I wanted to go for a walk so Greg and I took Evan to the provo temple for the first time yesterday! It's so nice that we can just walk to the temple whenever we feel like it. We had a lady take pictures for us and then we went to the backside of the temple and Greg studied while I took pictures of pretty flowers and Evan slept in his stroller. It's amazing how peaceful and serene the temple grounds are. People that can't enter the temple can easily get a hint of the peace that is felt on the inside just by being on the grounds for a while, but of course nothing compares to the inside. It's so easy to ponder sitting in the grass looking at the beautiful landscape. As we were sitting there I thought about my life and that had I not gone back to church when I was 21 I never would have met my husband and my whole life would be so different and not in a good way. I wasn't happy when I wasn't living my life the way I should have been. I thought I was happy, but wickedness never was happiness. I have been so blessed with the decisions I have made since becoming active in the Gospel again. I'm so grateful for the teachings of the Gospel and the love I continually feel from Heavenly Father.








2 comments:

  1. I thought it was miraculous that you came back to church one week before Greg got home from his mission. I truly believe that Heavenly Father has a plan, and you and Greg were part of that plan way back when you two met. I'm so proud of Greg for being righteous, and you for finding your way back so that you could be sealed to my Son. I love you both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been back for about 6 months... I was just at the singles branch in Dayton. I moved back to Springfield right after he got back. I think I have a pretty fantastic hubs :o) I love you guys too! Not everyone can say that about their in-laws :o)

    ReplyDelete