Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bad Genes

Evan got either Greg's family's bad genes or mine...we aren't sure which. I thought he had a bad case of baby acne so I called the doc to see if there was anything I could do for it and they asked me how bad it was and I told them it's on his head, neck, chest, all over his face and on and behind his ears and in some parts it's really scaly. The nurse said when it's that bad they usually want to see them, so that is where we went this morning. Apparently it is not baby acne. It is Seborrheic Dermatitis basically he has eczema and it's due to sensitive skin that is inherited from somewhere in the family line....interesting. We just have to use hydrocortizone cream for one week and we will see improvement. Evan was looking at the doctor when he said, "in about a week you will notice nice improvement." and Evan smiled really big at him haha. The doc said, "he's smiling quite nicely and that wasn't even a gas bubble smile." haha. He's 10lb 5.5 oz! I'm glad he's gaining sometimes I supplement with formula because I feel like he isn't getting enough from me, but I don't do it often so I'm glad he is getting enough. I tried to take a picture of his little face, but it doesn't look like there is anything on it in the pics.

Thankfully the Mastitis has cleared! VICTORY!

2 comments:

  1. Madi started to get eczema (I had it a little bit as a kid and her cousins have an AWFUL case of it - so it totally bummed me out because I didn't want her to have it too!!!), but it cleared up really well!! We did hydrocortizone cream every once in a while, but the thing that helped the most was switching to Aveeno baby wash (they have a couple of different kinds - we used the creamy one) and used Eucerine CREAM. Hopefully it clears up soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I will try that... we have to Hydrocortizone him a lot...it's hard because it always comes back but does clear up nicely when we use the cream...

    ReplyDelete