Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day, A farewell, and Evan is 2 months!

My sweet boy is 2 months! We have his 2 month appt tomorrow and I'm pretty excited to see how much he weighs! I'm not excited about the shots, but I'm glad I have the day off to be with him as he goes through it. Evan is learning and growing so much and it seems to happen just over night sometimes. He's just starting to sleep through the night. Last night he fell asleep around 10 and didn't wake up until 5 am!! I think my mom and my grandma had a little something to do with that though. The little child would not take a nap for anything because he thought he would miss something but as soon as they left he fell asleep probably before they even made it to the car. 
He's reaching and grabbing toys, smiling sooooo much, and trying to carry on conversations with me. 

He also has a girlfriend! haha. A friend of mine has a little girl two weeks older than him and she smiled at him the other day and he couldn't take his eyes off her! It was so cute! He's trying so hard to roll over but he makes it to his side and isn't quite sure what to do after that. 
For some reason he thinks it's hilarious when we stick our tongues out at him, so he does it too and then giggles and coos after. He's always liked me to get him to sleep, but at least allowed Greg to do it, but now he almost refuses to allow anyone else put him to sleep if I am around. He no longer will lay in his crib and fall asleep on his own because the minute he realizes I'm not holding him he cries and cries. I have to admit I love it that he loves me so much :o) I just hope he grows out of it by the time he goes to the babysitter because I don't want her to have a rough time with him.
He's always interested in everything. He's so alert all the time. I took him to the mall one day and he just turned his head back and forth the whole time we were strolling along because he wanted to see everything!
I'm not longer breastfeeding...sad day that was....but he loves to try and hold his bottle, but mainly just pats it while I feed him. He's pretty cute :o) 
He's such a sweet cuddly baby and I love it that he finally likes to snuggle with his momma!

Is it way obvious that I totally adore this child? I have about a million pictures and I like sharing them with everyone!


Greg's cousin got a job in Minnesota so they are leaving monday and we had a get together today for memorial day and to hang out one last time before they head out. We are so sad to see them go. We love hanging out with them! We are so happy and excited for them anyway!

                                                                                     



1 comment:

  1. Haha...I love that our children are dating :) Evan looks so cute in the pants, I'm so glad they fit him! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete