Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's day and Mastitis Day



For Mother's Day my husband knew I wanted hand prints of Evan because in his baby book there is a hand prints and foot print section,  but I only had his foot prints. Greg painted Evan's hands and then put them on paper...
 It's may not look perfect, but it's perfect to me! We went to his grandma's and had a Mother's Day dinner with his cousin and her family. It was so nice! Mother's Day is such a big day to me now! I never realized how important this day is until we had Evan. This day needs to for sure be celebrated! I'm so grateful for my mom and all that she has done and still does for me. I love knowing that I can call her with any question or problem and she is always willing to help even if she is 2000 miles away. I hope Evan feels that same way about me when he gets older. I'm so so grateful for my wonderful husband and my sweet baby boy!

I gave Evan formula at Greg's grandma's because sometimes it's just easier because he hates the hooter hider aka nursing cover..I was introduced to it as the "hooter hider" so anyway, I figured when we got home the pain I was having was just because I needed to pump, but then after I was done my left side was still killing me and it was a little red. Seriously like 30 min later I had a bad headache and I started feeling really sick. Then at like 8pm (3hours later) I felt like I had the Flu. Fever, chills, headache, nausea..etc I have an appt tomorrow with my Doc so I was going to try and hold off calling, but I couldn't I was a little worried it could be something more serious so I had Greg call and he ordered me an antibiotic and after taking that and Tylenol I felt a lot better at 2am... it came fast and went fast...I don't really think the antibiotic would have worked that fast, so it was really weird, but I still hurt and I don't feel fantastic but I don't feel like death anymore either. I have had a uterine infection (which I'm pretty sure came from my water breaking when I thought it did, but it showed up negative- which happens a lot) and now Mastitis, but I would rather have all this going on than not have my baby boy, so in a weird way I'm grateful.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been feeling a little yucky and I wish I could always be there when you need TLC. This Mother's Day I was so greatful for Greg because I know he will always do what he can to take care of you. Like you, I too think Evan is totally worth a couple of rounds of icky. Love you Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Sorry you haven't been feeling so good. That stuff can be awful. Hope you are doing better. Evan is so adorable. Let me know if there is ever anything that I can help you with.

    It feels like ( and I can't be completely sure, but, it "feels" like) the really LONG days at work are starting to thin out. I think you may have missed the worst of it this year. LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joey! You are always too kind! It was pretty bad the first night (sick wise) but then after that it was just REALLY painful.

    I hope I have missed the worst of it...I don't want to be there very long at all now :o) (not that I really ever did, but it wasn't a big deal before my little human arrived :o) )

    ReplyDelete