Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's Conference weekend therefore I bake

The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has what we call General Conference every six months. We watch it on BYU TV or we can go to the conference center and be there live. We receive direction and counsel from the Prophet and Apostles of God. It's such a special time that I always like to bake something new. Today I made...

Cinnamon Roll Cake
Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
 

I got this recipe from this blog Mrs Harding Cooks. I personally hate that kind of icing/glaze, but it was easy and I had little time (I made this while Evan napped) to whip up a nice cream cheese frosting. Was it good? Let's just say Greg loves me just a little bit more. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment