Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm becoming a real Martha Stewart...minus the jail time

I went Jean shopping because ever since I had Evan I've been losing weight without trying....I know super weird. I needed some pants that would actually stay on. Due to my short stature it's very hard to find any in the right length, so I had to hem them. I hemmed my very first pair  of jeans all by myself today! You don't even understand how exciting that is for me :o) haha I'm loving this sewing thing. I can't wait until I get to stay home I'm going to make all kinds of stuff. I've already started a list. I'm taking back a pair of pants tomorrow and buying another pair of jeans and I'm kind of hoping I have to hem them :o)

My Sewing buddy
don't ask why I chose that spot to work on my pants...
And

I have been having an issue with my wrist for quite a while now where I pretty much can't do anything with my thumb or move my wrist certain ways, so I literally have been picking Evan up by my left forearm for the past couple days. I talked to a Surgeon at church today and he made me do a little test with my hand that I failed miserably and he said I have a bad case of tendonitis he's going to give me a shot in my wrist and a brace. Hopefully  it helps.

4 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you and Evan with your hemming! So cute with him about to gobble up that measuring tape!
    I'm so sorry about your wrist, I hope the shot *shudder* and brace help too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maren. Yesterday wasn't a good day for VT for me. I will email the girls and see if there is a good time for them during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! You will have to teach me. I so need to learn how to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to wear a brace to bed a couple months before Missy was married because I lost feeling in my third a fourth finger, and I was to play at her wedding. It's fine now but was scary when I went through it...
    (I was able to play as well)

    Dad

    ReplyDelete