Sunday, December 30, 2012

Scalloped Potatoes

I didn't take a picture of my finished potatoes, but this one closely resembles mine (and I feel like I need a picture when I give out recipes)



My scalloped potatoes were a hit at Christmas! A friend asked for my recipe before Christmas so she could make them for her family dinner and my parents recently asked me for it so I figured I would put it on here for all :o)

1/4 cup onion
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 1/4 cup milk
3 med potatoes
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheese

Saute onion in butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat. Grease baking dish and layer bottom with 1/2 potatoes and cover with 1/2 the sauce. Repeat. I top the dish with the cheese (some people layer it)
cover with foil and Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 min or until potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment