Monday, March 5, 2012

Evan's ONE.....almost

So my family insisted that we throw Evan a first birthday party while we are here. I'm super traditional so I kept going back and forth with it because I really wanted his first birthday to be on his birthday, but I got over it and threw one for him so the family could be there and I'm still going to throw one on hus birthday, but it will just be Greg and I and maybe Greg's Grandma

I made his cake which was titled Best Chocolate Cake Ever with chocolate butter cream frosting and then I Molded it into a dog. The body of the dog is just plain ole cake with the rear end built up but the head, legs, and tail re cake and icing mixed together and then molded.

Then I made A red Velvet Cake with cream cheese icing and that cream cheese icing was amazing! I've never made such amazing. I'll give all the recipes I used for the cakes and icings at a later time. I also made a German cake with it's normal icing.


















3 comments:

  1. How cute. This can be his practice for his 1 year old party lol. Cake looks awesome. I bet your family is really going to miss you guys. I wish we had gotten together to do something but, such is life I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was such a cute and fun birthday party for Evan. He is so cute and getting so big! I can't wait to see him in person instead of pictures all the time. We miss you guys! And way cute cake - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is awesome! :) I need to learn your ways!

    ReplyDelete