Monday, August 22, 2011

Our take on LLLOOOOOOVVVEEEE

Love, Love, Love....and yes I had Lady Gaga in my head as I typed (don't judge me).

Greg's take on Love...
It's no wonder the two great commandments have to do with love. If you don't love someone, you'll never care enough to serve them, help them, get to know them, etc. Love makes it so much easier to be patient and understanding with someone; and it's a good thing I love my son because sometimes he can scream pretty loud for a pretty long time. I really do love that boy though. I can begin to understand how much our heavenly father loves us and how he was able to sacrifice his own son for our sakes, because I would do anything for my son. I remember hearing one time that a stake president focused on getting members to engage in studying their scriptures daily. The reason is that he believed that if the members were reading their scriptures daily everything else would just fall into place. If they were reading their scriptures, they would also attend church on Sunday. If they read their scriptures, they would pay their tithing. And so on. I think love has the same kind of power and affect on people. If you love someone, you will serve them and care about them, and everything you're supposed to do as a neighbor, spouse, parent, or whatever, will just fall into place.

Lacey's take on Love..
Can you tell we just had an FHE on Missionary work that turned into an FHE on Love?
So there are people I deal with that I pretty much just want to slap on a daily basis and so one day I asked myself, "self, how do you deal with difficult people?" Which was really stupid but smart at the same time because I'm the one that doesn't know how to deal with them, but at the same time I already knew the answer I just had to remind myself. And yes that means I answered myself.....scary, I know.
what was the answer?
LOVE!
my thought---> "You just have to love them"
It's so true! Not easy (yet), but so true! So basically here I am having an internal struggle and thinking I just really want to yell at you, but no I must love you! Anyway, now that you have been inside my head for a second I better move on because you really don't want to be in there long... :o)
I've been trying to implement the quote at the top of my blog and doing so really has changed my feelings towards difficult people and it really is amazing what service can do. Service can be anything good, it doesn't have to be some monumental awe inspiring act. I promise you when you do a service you will want do it again and again because that feeling is spectacular. The amount of love you gain for people you serve is indescribable. Not only do you love them, but you are able to to forgive them and let things roll off our shoulders and sometimes may not even give two thoughts about something crappy they did. Maybe we are able to do those things because when we have more love we also have more patience and we become more meek because we become more Christ like (2 words? 1 word?) eh, what-ev. When we have more love in our hearts we are SO. MUCH. HAPPIER. Like, crazy amounts of happy. Everything just seems to come more natural when we have love in our hearts. We don't have to fake happiness or fake that we care about someone else because we really are happy and we really do care. It's interesting how love can really make you patient. I am so patient with Evan. I mean I never knew I really had patience until I had my tiny tot and the only reason I have patience is because I love that kid so much I could burst, not even kidding. Which means when I am impatient with others I need to learn how to love them and I need to give more charity/service because Charity is Love and service enables Love. 
I feel like I totally just rambled..which is why it's a little scary in my head sometimes, but hopefully it made some sense.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this blog about love and for lack of better words...I just love it! Guerry and I were just talking about that tonight- if we learn to serve we learn to love...it is as simple as that. I have learned to love the most unloveable people just by serving them and having a good attitude. I tell myself daily..."Today I will choose to love!" Thanks for posting your beautiful thoughts...Vicki

    ReplyDelete