Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A little bit of everything- seriously it's a pretty random blog...

First, Evan is 5 months!!


He is such a fun boy! We sure love this child! He wants to crawl so bad, but he still hasn't figured out how NOT to do a face plant when he moves his legs haha He is lovin' his solid food now and eats like a champ. He even loves the rice cereal, which I seriously thought would never happen. He just starting sucking his thumb like last week and it's so adorable! He curls his little finger up over his nose and sucks away on that thumb. Every time I go to get a picture he stops, but I will catch him one of these days! He hates it when we leave the room because he can't see us. He even hates it when I get off the floor from playing with him and move 10 feet to do something in the kitchen. He tries to touch everything and I love it. I love watching him explore and learn. He's so curious about everything. He sits up like a pro, but he's been doing that for like 3 weeks or so. We took him to the doc saturday because he was pulling at his ear and he was sitting up on the table looking in the mirror and the doc came in and said is he 6 months? I said no he's almost 5 months and she said, well then he is sitting up super well and his gross motor skills are stellar, apparently. He does have an ear infection :o( but it seems to be better because he hasn't been tugging on his ear. Teething can cause ear infections due to the saliva/mucus build up in the ears and they don't drain well during babyhood.  He's such a happy little guy. We are so blessed and so grateful to have him in our family.

These thoughts will not flow just to warn you.

I am imperfect, but it's O.K. As a working mom I try hard to make up for the time I take away from my baby and husband by doing lots of other things and sometimes I feel like I should be able to do those things better or more things and that I should be able to manage my time a little better to be able to play with my two men and get it all done, but it's not always possible.
We had a lesson in Relief Society over one of the General Conference talks and what I took from it mostly was that it's ok to not be perfect right now or superwoman. As long as I am progressing towards perfection then that's all that matters. It's not possible to attain perfection in this life. In fact, if I am constantly comparing myself to people that are able to do more, then I am actually hindering my progression. If I haven't gotten the dishes done, but I have played with my baby and my husband I have read our scriptures together than that is O.K. If I haven't vacuumed or cleaned the bathroom, but I have sat and chatted with my husband for a long period of time then I have done more than I would have if I would have cleaned. I'll take spending time with my family and helping my little one learn and explore over cleaning or anything else not important any day, but trust me those who know me, know that I deep clean at least once a week as opposed to every other day that I used to do...haha...yeah, it's true.
"We prepare each day, right now, for eternal life. If we are not preparing for eternal life, we are preparing for something else, perhaps something far less."- Elder Ballard (an Apostle) Yes, Apostles do exist! God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, so why wouldn't there be prophets and apostles?

To those who are LDS- have you ever shared the gospel with someone and wish there was some way they could feel what you feel about the gospel- how wonderfully perfect and beautiful it is?  because if they felt it, they would never hesitate to join the Lords true church. If they would just listen, they would feel it and they would know it's true, just as sure as we know it. 
I was recently talking with an old friend and it made me remember how thankful I am to have the knowledge I have of eternal families and God's plan of happiness. she said her pastor told her we won't remember our loved ones or be married when we die. C'mon people, if God is a just and merciful God do you really think he would take the most important memories and people away from us? Absolutely not! We would be miserable and he wants us to be happy! Everything God does here is binding in heaven, so if we are married here, by the proper authority, we will be married in heaven! I couldn't even imagine spending eternity without my two sugars nor could i imagine God allowing that.

Greg and I have decided that if we are ever upset or frustrated or sad we are just going to turn on some music and DANCE! It's amazing how much it helps and how incredibly foolish we look. :o)

We had folks over for dinner a couple weeks ago and the menu consisted of: garlic chicken, corn on the cob of which i have the best recipe for known to man...it's a crock pot recipe :o) rolls, twice baked po-tat-oes, and homemade ice cream sandwiches. 





OH! And Greg and I are going on a little weekend get-a-way to a resort in a couple weeks! Bring on the scuba diving and massages! My momma is coming out and will be staying wih our tiny tot :o) I can't wait to remember what it feels like to get 8 hours of non-interrupted sleep :o)


Now I am going to go stuff my face with some very fattening deliciousness because I only weigh 96 pounds and I don't like being able to see my ribs.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing Lacey and learning so much as a mom. I love the dance idea! Tom and I might have to steal that one.

    ReplyDelete