Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Clean whole wheat bread (a fix from the last post)

Since there are some people that I know are going to be making this soon I needed to fix a few things...

3 cups whole wheat flour
1 3/4 C water
*2 tsp yeast
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp sea salt.

So
Mix the flour, *yeast and water together. I knead this for a short time because it's really sticky at this point.
Let rise 30 min or until doubled.

Then add Olive oil, Honey, and salt. Honestly, I sometimes don't even use the salt and other times I just throw a dash in. Knead for 5 min and let then let rise 30 min or until doubled

Knead one more time for 5 min and then make into a loaf and put in loaf pan and let rise then bake at 350 for 40 min.

*As for the yeast I have found that if I cut back to 1 tsp then I don't get a big hole in the center, and you may not need to knead as much. 

Like last time, Just put water on your hands through the kneading process because it gets super sticky. If you want it a little sweeter add more honey (my hubs likes it sweeter)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


No comments:

Post a Comment