Monday, June 25, 2012

Patience is key

First, remember that time I said I was waiting for Evan to fall asleep on the floor? Well, it happened or should I say happenS....

I put the blanket there for an easier landing if he fell out of the bed...


I just love this blurry picture because he's snugglin' that bear...
Guess what!? I will be going part time at my job starting next week! I will only work 3 days a week! I feel like I'm practically a stay at home mom :o)
We have been feeling like something needed to change we just weren't sure what or how....so what does any LDS person do when they don't know what to do? You go to the temple! We had some friends of ours watch Evan one day and we had a date at the temple. Greg felt very impressed for me to go part time at my same job (I later received confirmation of his revelation and I have theories as to why he received it first). Finally! We had an answer and we could move on! 
That following Monday I asked my manager to go part time and she said no....
So you know here I am thinking- What!? God told me to! I have to!
So then we start thinking...well maybe this answer was supposed to lead us to do something else and yadda yadda...
Then I was reading my scriptures one day and I read a verse that really stuck out to me and it was something along the lines of - follow the Lord's commands with exactness. I told Greg about it and so it was then just a waiting game because we felt like maybe when I had asked it was bad timing...and it was.
Other events took place which allowed me to go Part time the 2nd time I asked.

It may not seem like I would have learned much from this but I learned a ton from this experience! The Lord hears and answers your prayers. Maybe not the way you want them answered or in your time frame, but he does. I am so grateful for the ability to receive divine guidance because no way would I survive in this world without it.

P.S. We are going to Vegas in August!!!!! We are staying at the Mirage where the dolphins and white lions are!!!  I am so excited for the M&M factory and Greg is excited for the Coke factory and the wax museum and so much other stuff! EEK! 

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool you are going part time. How fun for your family! Evan is so cute with his bum in the air sleeping on the floor. Now he is a big kid in his toddler bed. They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete