Monday, June 6, 2011

A trip to Washington

My Husband, baby, mom and grandma all went to Washington state this past weekend to see my brother and his wife. Sadly, my dad was unable to attend the gathering due to work...I'll let you view pictures before I go into detail....
 My sweet boy on his first Airplane ride!

  





These pictures are of us at the public market...what a way cool place! It was so fun!


This place was the restaurant that was in Sleepless in Seattle :o)


Just a little street corner music we can all appreciate


My brother....I feel like he looks like he might go crazy in this picture

Evan meets Aunt Kim!
 Uncle Tim tries to soothe my very tired child...



So we flew to WA Friday night and we left Sunday night. Very short trip, but well worth it. It was so nice to see them and see where they are living. I never saw their first house in Texas, only their apartment. It was nice to see their beautiful home in WA. My brother and his wife can whip up some delicious food, so we were able to eat lots of their delicious creations.

I'm so incredibly happy that they were able to meet Evan while he is still a tiny babe. Hopefully they will be able to see him again before he starts walking. I do hope that someday they will have kids. I think they would be great parents!

I saved my most favorite picture for last...







My brother and I weren't on good terms for a long time. We just disagree on some things and we are both stubborn, so we had a hard time getting past it all. I felt like this weekend may have been the beginning to a rekindled relationship. I want to be close to him, I just don't know how to be. I think that's the hardest part...knowing where to start.  When he hugged me in this picture a part of me didn't want him to let go and I secretly teared up a bit (ever since I had Evan I've been and even bigger softy than I already was, so waterfalls all the time are pretty much my norm). I wanted to squeeze him because for a brief moment I thought I might be able to make up for lost time if we just had a good long hug. I want my little boy to know his uncle. I need to be a better sister and a better example to my little boy and to my brother. Family is so important. Our relationships in heaven will be the same as they are here on earth and I don't want to not speak to my brother for all eternity...that would be awful. My hope is that we will both make an effort to rekindle the relationship and be super close...the kind of close where he would be the second person I would call when good things happen...my hubs will always be the first, but I've always longed for that relationship with my brother where I felt like I could call him with anything and we would have fun little chats. Maybe someday.

2 comments:

  1. Chances are...he may call you!

    Time forces us all to grow up and realize what is and WHO are important in our lives. You will be surprised what little effort it requires to re-kindle your relationship with your brother. My gut feeling is that he would like to put the past behind him as much as you would. Call him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best Joey! I hope you are right!

    ReplyDelete