Monday, January 21, 2013

SSOOOUUUPPP

You know what I love about fall and winter? Hot chocolate and soup. Not together of course, that would be really gross.

soups we have eaten recently (I used Great Northern beans for both recipe's. I buy bags of beans and make a ton and freeze them and just thaw as we go. we eat a lot of beans around here)

Kale and Bean soup (Thank you monica!) This is definitely my new favorite soup!

For the recipe click Here

Cannellini and Cabbage soup
 Recipe

1 tbsp olive oil
3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
2 carrots, sliced
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper, 
2 cans low sodium chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup of water
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained

1. in a large pot heat olive oil over high heat. Add cabbage, carrots, garlic, thyme, and pepper; cook 2-3 min
2. stir in broth, tomatoes, water, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally
3. mash half the beans with a fork. Add all beans to pot. heat through.
serves 6
164 calories, 11g protein, 9g fiber, 4g fat, 

I've been experimenting with my veggies lately. If there is a vegetable that I hate more than broccoli, it's carrots. I decided I need to be better and eat more of them, so I found this idea on pinterest and did my own thing with it.


Carrots with mozz cheese (because I didn't have Parmesan), rosemary, paprika, and salt. Baked at 425 for 10 minutes.

*We made Kale chips over the weekend and my child LOVES them! You have no idea how much this excites me!

Try them all. You'll love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment