Saturday, February 12, 2011

Be Thrifty!

Those who know me, know that I am probably, almost definitely the cheapest person on the planet. I can talk myself out of buying something that's only $2 (which I recently did regarding a sweater) Greg said Lacey it's ok to buy things every once in a while and besides it's only $2. I just figured I could spend 2 dollars on the baby instead. I love Thrift stores! Nearly all of my clothes come from thrift stores...no joke. I found a pair of jeans one time never been worn for 4 dollars! I haven't been able to wear them for about 5 months now, but I love them! I have decided since babies grow so dang fast what is the point in spending 11 or so dollars on a brand new sleeper when you can thrift one for $1.49? I went to a thrift store here called Savers which is my most favorite thrift store and I found a sleeper that I saw at Kohls that I really liked, but at Kohls it was 11 bucks and at savers 1.99 I believe. I have found great sales at Kohls lately. They have little polo onesies for $4 originally $11 so I've been stocking up on those because they are so adorable and I get bored with the regular onesies. So here are my latest thrift store clothes for our little boy. A few of them were freebies but the majority were from the thrift store and I think I spent about 13 dollars on all of it. Sizes 0-18 months.

These two are a couple of my favorites. I love the little polo onesies. I have a lot in 6-9 months, but I need some for 3-6. This one is 0-3 and they are the cutest! The little jacket is 12months and I think it's so cute..it's like a little man jacket haha.

This is the car seat cover mom and I made over Christmas. Greg isn't too thrilled about the flowers, but I figure if we have a girl next or someday I can reverse it! I am pretty in love with my sewing machine. I just haven't decided what I want my next craft to be.




And I'm 34 weeks!

4 comments:

  1. when you come back to Ohio I'll take you the best thrift store ever. I have a ball there because I get to shop, spend money, and get great deals. Awesome finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH!! Which one!? There is one in Kettering that I love too, but I can't remember the name of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost all of the kids clothes I buy are either used or end of season clearance. I try to get all of next year's clothes this year. :)

    P.S. Guess who told Mel about that awesome thrift store?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started buying things for next year as well! I got a steal on an old Navy coat! I'm excited about this Thrift store... what's the name of it?

    ReplyDelete