Saturday, June 1, 2013

I made some things- dress, car seat blanket, and a baby

If you put band aids on owies they will be remembered forever! Seriously, he still points to his knees and says, "owie!" haha

the baby making is old news, but I'm 24 weeks! I love being pregnant. I love the way my body changes. I love that I'm growing a tiny human!

Evan knows his letters and how to count to 20, so we are starting to count higher now and we are learning out letter sounds!


Fresh picked strawberries from the garden. My family has always put sugar over strawberries and let them sit a while and they make their own sauce, but since I have a really hard time adding processed sugar to something perfectly healthy I made my own shortcake sauce: puree strawberries and add some honey...delightful!

Evan eats a strawberry straight from the vine daily.

I made a car seat blanket. I debated about making it because I thought well this one stays in the car seat and I'm going to want one when I take her out so what's the point in making this when I will have to carry one with me anyway, but my huns convinced me I should for all the times she won't come out of the car seat (grocery store) and because, "she'll be nice and cozy riding in the car."- love my husband.

so I added a receiving blanket to another blanket to make it a little heavier and then cut slits where all the belts go.


Greg didn't like the idea of a hood because he worries it will go on her face, so I just put the little cushion deal back in over the blanket. The blanket is still thin enough that it doesn't alter the position of the baby at all

this is the invisible baby all wrapped up.

I made our girl a dress. I want to make her blessing dress, so this was a trial to see if I could really do it. I did this without a patter, so I think if I have a pattern I could totally do it. I just lined it up with another dress to get the right size and then did my own thing with it. I'm pretty sure she won't be able to wear this dress unless I fix it and add some things. my sleeves are too far off the shoulders and one looks different than the other and I was to add some ruffles on the chest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment