Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Redo or 3


 I have been wanting to redo our headboard, footboard, and dresser for like a year now, but I knew we were moving and I didn't want anything to happen to it. We made it to Ohio and I figured now would be a good time to do it even though we are moving again next month, it's not a cross country move, so hopefully things will stay as they are. For the last few weeks this has been my project.

I am so bad about taking before and after photos so here is an almost before of the dresser. The bed has the same wood look..

isn't it so pretty!? I love it! I have big plans for  our bedroom when I get it completely put together I will have to show a picture of the whole room...probably won't be for a while :o)



This is a dresser we bought from craigslist for Evan and this little night stand  (below) came with it. It looked exactly like this and we wanted to have a nightstand in our room, so I revamped it as well.

cute, eh?

I used chalk paint. You use 2 TBSP water and 4 TBSP of plaster of paris and mix it up until smooth then add 2 cups of paint. I think for all of this I used 6-8 cups of paint and I have no idea what I'm going to paint with my last cup I mixed up, but I can't waste it...I just can't because I hate wasting things. I had to do 2-3 coats of paint on each piece. Wait at least 2 hours in between coats. I plan on making some runners out of some kind of patterned yellow fabric for the tops of the dresser and nightstand. I only want a vase  with yellow flowers on top of the dresser with the runner. I have plans for another canvas project to go over the bed. I haven't painted a canvas in 6 years, but I loved the one I painted that hangs in my living room, so I'm excited for another.

We found a place in Columbus that has 3 year old soccer teams. We hope to get him involved in the spring, he would love it. He kicked his puppy out and now sleeps with his soccer ball- that's how much he loves to play.




No comments:

Post a Comment