Sunday, February 24, 2013

Owie!

My sweet boy hit his head pretty hard on the coffee table last week while rough housing with his daddy. He thought putting green beans on his head was great! He ended up with a big knot and a bruise :o(


There are a lot of things with this boy I hope I never forget. One of them is how he asks for "cookies and milk". It's the cutest thing I've ever heard. One of these days I have to get it on video. I love how much he loves dunking his cookies in his milk because I sure love it too...

Remember that time I said I was going to make a maxi skirt? Well I did, but when I went to put the  cute little fold down waistband on I completely screwed it up. The type of Jersey I used was thinner than the typical jersey fabric and so when I had to take out my stitches it frayed and then I ran my seam ripper right through it. I could have saved the fabric and used it on other things but I was so upset with it, I just threw it away. I'm working on another (it seriously takes forever to do the simplest sewing project when you have a child..b/c the only time I have is when he goes to bed but by then I'm so tired I just want to go to bed) I'll post pictures when I'm done.
Oh and Grandma, you are a genius! My needle was too big, so that was my problem! As soon as I changed it from a 14 to an 11 worked perfectly!    

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to get the pattern you followed if your next skirt works! Aren't grandmas the best? They know everything I swear :) On my most recent blog post I gave your blog an award! Its kinda fun check it out if you want to.

    ReplyDelete