Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tender Moments

Nap time and bedtime are such sweet times for me and not because Evan goes to sleep. Sometimes I don't even want to put him down because I miss him so much when he sleeps!

Last night I went to check on him and he was still awake, but since I was in there he wasn't going to let me leave, so I laid down with him.
Then he just started giggling. Like hard belly laughs. I still have no idea why. Then I start laughing because he's laughing and then before you know it we are just rolling! I finally told him night night and he said it back and then he fell asleep...

Lately, Evan won't let me leave the room until he falls asleep. I rub his face, play with his hair, and sing to him until he crashes and then I leave. I went to get off the edge of his bed and as soon I stood up he reached out his arms and said, "Mama bees" (bees = please)

I melted. MELTED! 

A lot of times I will stay and just stare at him for a long time and just keep rubbing and singing. This was one of those times.
Today as I was melting, I just started crying. (Thank goodness my husband was at school because I think he thinks I cry a lot....and it's true...I'm a sap)
through my sobs of happiness I knelt down and just gave thanks for all my sweet, sweet blessings.

I thought about how blessed I am to have such a sweet baby boy and such a wonderful husband and how I have absolutely no reason to complain about anything. To me, when you have an amazing family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ...who cares about the rest?
I've been trying to remember not to put my energy into complaining and use that energy to be grateful and show appreciation.
When rough patches come along it's okay, because it's always for a purpose. I can't think of anything rough I have gone through that I haven't learned something. There is always something to learn from every situation and it's up to us to take something good out of a trial out Father in heaven has given us. I feel like as long as we have faith- it always works out, and it does. Always.

Greg was leaving for school the other day and he said "bye bye Evan!" Evan said, "Bye, Bye. Muh Ew!" (Love you) without any prompting!

1 comment:

  1. why are they so dang cute when they sleep? Luke gives hugs randomly lately, and it kills me!

    ReplyDelete