Saturday, May 15, 2010

Charity is Love

I don't want to drive up the pearly gates in a shiny sports car,
wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly
manicured fingernails.
I want to drive in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking
kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing my sister shenk's lawn.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a
sick neighbor's kid.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with the children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears
of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.

-Marjorie Pay Hinckley


I simply want to be a good wife, mother, and servant of the Lord. I only hope that when it is my time I will be able to honestly tell the Lord that while I was here I served my family, my sisters and their families to the best of my ability and that I tried with all my energy to have a hand in helping build the Kingdom of God.

1 comment: