Friday, January 6, 2012

Catching up

Finally, I have a chance to blog!
Greg and I moved last Friday and we haven't had the internet since. Evan turned nine months on the 30th and we moved to Ohio for 2 months for Greg's internship
The coolest news of all is that Evan has started walking! He can take about 10 good steps and then he falls. He took his first step when he was 8 1/2 months but I can't remember the exact date...that's what baby books are for, right? It's in there, I just don't want to dig it out. 

At 9 months Evan weighs 18 pounds and some change - 14th percentile. His head is in the 3rd percentile I can't remember the circumference (it's in the baby book) He is 28 1/2 inches tall - 53rd percentile.
He does super well picking things up with his thumb and finger.
He says, "ra-ra" "ma-ma" "ba-ba" he makes growl noises and another noise I have no idea how to explain... he sometimes says, "da-da" but not as frequently as dada would like :o)
He understands the word "no"
His favorite book right now is Mr. Brown can moo can you?
Greg and I went to the airport with 8 bags 4 of which were 50 pounds. It was quite a sight. I put Evan in his sling, strapped his car seat onto one of the roll bags and pulled that and then I pulled another roll bag with his diaper bag on top of that one. Greg is pulling two roll bags himself with two carry on's ontop of his roll bags. He went to go fill out some tags and some guy walked by and thought I was by myself with eight bags and asked me if I had anyone helping me...actually these are his words, "You got your hands full girl, Do you have anyone helping you?" haha I said yeah my husband. So sweet of him. Another guy said it's hard to travel with little ones you need a lot of stuff...I said well we'll be in another state for 2 months for an internship otherwise we wouldn't have so much. Do people really need 8 bags for one baby? Maybe he thought I had more kids? Anyway I tried to get a picture of us, but there wasn't  a good chance to get one. And it took us 30 min or more to just check our bags. Anyway it was a fun trip. Evan slept nearly the whole way to ohio 3 hours! Greg and I napped and then we woke up and laughed the whole last hour. I'm so happy I have such a fun husband :o) 
Evan had everyone laughing the last 30 min on the flight. It never gets old hearing people tell you that your baby is the cutest baby they have ever seen. Is it bad that I want to say, "Yeah, I know." The Southwest pretzel wrappers are Evan's new favorite toy...
Here are some video's and pictures! He doesn't walk all on his own but he will walk back and forth to Greg and I.
Evan's bed for the next two months is a pack and play...did you know that they make mattresses for those things? They do and we have one and for some weird reason I packed his crib mattress cover deal and so it adds a little more padding and warmth, so he's good to go!

9 months! It's impossible to get good baby book pictures for each month...

sportin' Uncle Tim and Aunt Kim's Christmas present.


The day he turned 9 months we were moving and he slept in his cars seat until we finished

3 comments:

  1. So fun that ya'll are in Ohio! Have fun at home Lacey. It is great. Evan is already walking! So amazing. What a cutie too. No wonder people make comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the little man is walking, soon it will be RUNNING and you will have to play this game called "chase" they learn it very fast, it's a combination of "catch me if you can", "follow the leader" and finally "hide and seek". Good luck with your new adventures and GO EVAN GO!

    ReplyDelete