Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We're having a BOY!



We ended up having an ultrasound today instead of tomorrow because of a little scare we had yesterday. I went to work after my appointment and had a little brown spotting with a lot of discharge and I freaked out because I thought it was my mucus plug. I called my doctor and he told me to go home and lay down and we would see what the ultrasound had to say on Thursday. I was on my way home and then my doctor called me back and wanted me to come in to his office again so he could do a pelvic exam. I was completely closed but he was a little worried that I was thinner than I should have been so he set me an appointment with a high risk doctor (perinatologist) and we had an ultrasound today. She said that everything looks perfectly fine and that I am just way sensitive to my contractions. She said that some people don't feel them until later but others are really sensitive and feel them right away like I did at 8 weeks. She also said that everyone contracts from the time they conceive they just don't all feel it. She also said that because the cervix is a glandular organ that it's not uncommon to have a lot of discharge and she said that the brown spotting was probably just a broken blood vessel because there is absolutely no sign of bleeding anywhere in my uterus. Yay for no Placenta Previa!!!! So all is well and I honestly think it has a lot to do with our prayers and the blessing I was given last night. I also no longer need to be on bed rest! The US tech told us he was a boy and then the doctor came in and did her thing and she said do you guys want to know what the sex is? We said we were already told and she said, "well good because he's not being shy at all I keep trying to stay away from the area but he is just right there!" haha!

5 comments:

  1. awesome I'm so happy for you guys... Can't wait to meet him..Have you picked out a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. still undecided.... probably Owen Mitchell... but we aren't sure yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO EXCITING for you guys. You'll make great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you and I'm so glad everything is okay! You'll love your little boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heather! We are so excited for him! It was a little scary for 24hours... the not knowing is awful, but prayers and blessings bring on miracles :o)

    ReplyDelete