Tuesday, November 2, 2010

20 weeks!


Today was our 20 week appointment! Greg didn't go this time due to school :o( My doctor brought out his lovely tape measure this time and said everything was measuring normal! He told me that I am a little behind on the weight gain, but he didn't seem too concerned. Again he said, "sounds like a boy." We will see on Thursday! I'm so excited for that ultrasound I can hardly stand myself. I've been having braxton hicks contractions since 8 weeks that never hurt but I can just feel something going on so I touch my belly and it's hard. He said it was normal and not to worry about it. I have them about one every hour sometimes less, but he isn't concerned at all... I am... but what do you expect? I'm a little nervous about the ultrasound probably just as much as I am excited because I want to know if my cervix has shortened... I really really hope not! It's already on the shorter side to begin with so it makes me nervous. He thinks everything is going to be fine. I'm really glad he doesn't seem to mind that I'm so paranoid. He said even if it is short they will just monitor it closely with more ultrasounds throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Anyway we are hoping for all good things and I really don't feel like anything is wrong I just know a little too much about some things and sometimes that's not always the best.... I almost wish I would have gone through nursing school after I had all my kids... I would be less of a spaz!

2 comments:

  1. Everything will be fine. It's all gods plan regardless. A boy huh. That would be so fun. You look great for 20 weeks. Don't worry about the weight gain. I'm sure you'll pack it on in the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog Lacey! BTW, I had issues with my cervix shortening early on (with John, it was HALF the length it should have been at a 25 week ultrasound) but that never translates into an early baby for me. I dilate to like 4-5 centimeters without being in labor, lol. Hope that helps, some people's cervixs are just weird like that and it all turns out just fine. :) The plus side is it means your body is doing a lot of the work without all the pain! Heehee, makes labors shorter.

    ReplyDelete